When a foreign company intends to set up a physical presence in Hong Kong for the purposes of marketing research and development and liaison with suppliers and customers, it could consider applying to set up a Representative Office. What follows is a description of the requirements, procedures and costs for the registration of such a Representative Office in Hong Kong and application for working/employment visa for an expatriate to be seconded to Hong Kong to manage the representative office.
Hong Kong Representative Office Registration Package #HKRO03 - Scope of Services
Our fees, inclusive of official filing fee, for the registration of a Representative Office in Hong Kong and application for Hong Kong working/employment visa (for the representative or foreign employee to be stationed in Hong Kong) are USD1,580, including:
(1) Handling the registration of a representative office in Hong Kong
(2) Provision of business address in Hong Kong for one year
(3) Application for Hong Kong Working Visa (one person)
Note: the fee stated above does not include delivery charge for sending the application documents for your signing.
RO Registration and Working Visa Application Time Frame
The registration of a RO will take 3 working days to complete, and it will take around 4-6 weeks to process the working visa application in a smooth case. These are estimates and based on the assumption that we have received all the documents required.
Before submitting the application, you are required to provide with us the following documents:
(1) A copy of duly signed (by the director) Certificate of Incorporation of the company applying to register the RO
(2) A copy of passport (only the page showing the particular of the holder) of the director who signs the application documents
(3) A copy of residential address proof of the director who signs the application documents
(4) Corporate documents of the foreign company
(5) A copy of the latest financial statements of the foreign company
(6) Proof of academic qualification of the applicant
(7) Proof of working experience of the applicant
Materials Given to Client after Registration and Account Opened
(1) Original Business Registration Certificate (valid for one year)
(2) Hong Kong Working/Employment Visa
We require full payment in advance before the commencement of application for registration.
In any case that you also need a corporate account in Hong Kong for receipt of funds to operate your Hong Kong representative office, you may want to consider our Hong Kong Representative Office Registration Package #HKRO02 comes with bank account opening (in the name of the parent company).